Check out our Blog page for an inventory of articles that cover a wide range of technology subject matter.
Transforming Business with a Cloud Based Business Process Management (BPM) Solution
- April 15, 2015
- Posted by: Admin
- Category: Blogs, Business Intelligence, Business Process Management, Cloud Services
The world of technology is forever in flux. Every other moment we witness the emergence of the next path-breaking product that promises to break all technological barriers. Cloud computing, for one, has emerged as a leading disruptor of technology in the recent past, and has bridged the ever-widening gap between adoption and innovation. The growth of cloud computing has also affected Business Process Management (BPM) and enterprises globally have adopted this platform to streamline their business processes and help in making decisions rapidly.
A cloud based BPM offers a wide array of business transformational capabilities, not just internally, but also extends to customers, shareholders, and partners. A cloud based BPM model can transform the operating model of an enterprise in a number of ways. Firstly, there are no capital expenses and a pay-as-you-go model enables an organization to upgrade or downgrade resources as needed. Secondly, there is a uniform architecture that disparate systems and processes can provision simultaneously without straining local resources. Finally, a BPM solution for the cloud is a strategic investment for an enterprise as it can focus more on its core competencies, while delegating non-essential tasks to outsourced partners.
Benefits of a Cloud Based BPM Solution
- Due to its inherent ability to test and deploy multiple BPM environments on a single cloud environment, the initial economic investment is minimal. Over time, an organization starts getting a healthy ROI due to minimal technological constraints at the time of implementation.
- Due to its flexible and agile nature, a cloud based BPM model encourages a faster time to market for a company’s strategic technical products and services. BPM in the cloud drastically reduces the time of implementation of a BPM model from months to days, thereby restoring investor confidence.
- A cloud based BPM model fosters greater collaboration and adds value into the entire supply chain from ideation to implementation. A borderless environment is created and KPIs are met more successfully.
- There is more centralized control and information is readily available on a cloud. Data governance is given priority and compliance is ensured across an enterprise.
Best Practices for Cloud Based BPM Implementation
- Education of employees and partners is of paramount importance. If all parties reach a common goal and consensus, project risks are greatly minimized and bottlenecks become easier to mitigate.
- Pilot projects and a Proof of Concept (PoC) must be created so that when creating the infrastructure for a full-fledged deployment, production risks are minimized and shortcomings are easily identified at the beginning.
- Package your business applications so you can reuse them across product lines and other LoBs without recreating an entire template multiple times.