All C-level executives in the IT industry are tasked with efficiently delivering services and products to customers without any compromise in quality or productivity. Most successful IT implementations in the industry meet those criteria. A workflow solution, for example, can propel any business into the top quadrant of efficiency and help a company gain a competitive edge when delivering products and services to its wide range of customers.
A well designed and deployed workflow solution enables all employees of an organization to actively participate in all aspects of business processes and encourages feedback at every step of implementation. All workflow solutions are designed to remove bottlenecks within a business process and increase efficiency. Components like dynamic messaging and electronic document management improve real-time processes when they reach a certain threshold.
Workflow solutions enable employees to produce more output and manage information in a seamless, structured manner. These solutions take advantage of well defined KPIs and map out areas of improvement for each employee.
With evolving technologies and systems, workflow applications will emerge as the de-facto standard for optimizing people and processes across enterprises.
How to Select the Right Workflow Solution
Workflow solutions combine the best of business and academia to bring out the best control system for organizations and foster an environment of near perfect automation.
Here are some tips which will help you choose the right solution for your organization:
- The solution must provide flexibility in creating and configuring workflow steps. Your workflow process must provide parallel branching which can be merged later according to the guidelines defined by your business policies.
- The solution must have an intuitive user interface so you can configure workflow processes easily. You should also be able to graphically modify workflows in a Business Process Model Notation (BPMN) diagram.
- The solution must be capable of providing users role-based tasks and enable users perform automatic task load balancing.
- The solution must allow developers access its object model through APIs or use its services so developers can consume the REST APIs to create more applications and extend existing functionalities.
- The solution must support all RDBMS and No-SQL databases as well as be platform independent.