- Start Date: 04/03/2020
- End Date: 04/19/2020
- Start Time: 4pm CDT
- End Time: 4:30pm CDT
With COVID-19 devastating communities and businesses around the globe, we at Plasma and ONE Tech want to encourage our small community to come together to produce technology solutions which can benefit those affected by the pandemic.
The challenge is to create a technology solution which helps a business or community manage the crisis more effectively and improve knowledge, efficiency, and productivity.
- Use of at least one Plasma or ONE Tech technology in building the solution
- Each team can have only 1 to 2 Developers (this is to help build teams which are not developer heavy)
- Any member can join any team, it’s an open enrollment and no one will be refused entry to a team
- Each team should consist of 4 to 6 members
- All time on challenge must be spent on weekends or after 4pm on weekdays
- NOTE: Teams would be disqualified if any member is working on the challenge during normal business hours.
Faces of our company!
- Presentation discussing the solution’s value to a target community or business (not more than 5 slides)
- Demo of the solution to the judges
- Breakdown of activities by team members to show teamwork and participation
We will have a committee of 3 judges. The judging will be objective and will be broken into the following categories:
- Business Value (30%)
- Innovation (20%)
- Technology (20%)
- Design and Presentation (15%)
- Teamwork (15%)
- First Place Team: $5000 team award plus Company would contribute $5000 towards your favorite charity working to help local communities
- Second Place Team: $2500 team award
- Third Place Team: $150 Amazon Gift Card for each member
- Lots of consolation prizes for everyone for participating
Since 1998, Katsuhiro began working at Systena Corporation at Japan as an engineer and is currently the Senior Managing Director & CTO. In 2014, Katsuhiro established Systena America, Inc as the President & CEO. In 2018, he has embarked on a joint venture with PBI to create “ONE Tech Inc”.
Rashmi is a Telecom Consultant with over 23 years of experience in Wireless, IP and Optical Networks. She currently works with Innovate5G building 5G Test Networks. She is also a Lecturer at the University of Texas, Dallas Jindal School of Management where she chairs the JSOM Coding Club and teaches Information Systems Software Development.
Lai LauTelecom Technology EvangelistLai Lau has over 15 years of telecommunications experience leading product development, management, and developer marketing initiatives generating millions of dollars in revenue growth. She is currently responsible for innovative Proof of Concepts to advance IoT Solutions and maximize potential revenues. She is passionate about strengthening our community thru diversity and expanding our impacts through various volunteering opportunities.
Yasser KhanHackathon CoordinatorYasser is a veteran business executive and thought leader in the Digital Transformation and Internet of Things (IoT) space. He has extensive experience helping organizations transform business models and scale business operations through roll out of Digital Strategies and Technology. He is currently focused on convergence of Machine Learning, Artificial Intelligence, and Internet of Things.